雨露 royal honeydew
娘娘 Your royal highness
奴才 Your unworthy servant
1. 再冷也不能拿别人的血来暖自己。(甄嬛)
No matter how ruthless, you shouldn’t use another person’s blood to warm yourself.
2. 贱人就是矫情。(华妃)
That bitch!
周黎明老师译注:每句台词我们都考虑了多种翻译,“贱人就是矫情”有七八种。网友关注“矫情”的英文说法,如pretentious、bitchy等。但That bitch is bitchy乃叠床架屋,重复主宾语。好的台词应简洁有力,留有潜台词。正因各种形容词多半重复bitch之意,我们认为That bitch或What a bitch远胜啰嗦而低级的中英对应。
3. 娘娘容不容的下臣妾,是娘娘的气度。能不能让娘娘容得下,是嫔妾的本事。(甄嬛)
Whether you can tolerate me depends on your generosity. Whether I can be tolerated is up to me.
4. 在这后宫中想要升就必须猜得中皇上的心思。若想要活,就要猜得中其他女人的心思。(甄嬛)
To rise, you need to know the Emperor’s mind. To survive, you need to guess the other women’s mind.
5. 以色事人,能得几时好?(甄嬛)
One who savors seduction, won’t last.
6. 在这宫里,有利用价值的人才能活下去。要安于被人利用,才有机会去利用别人。(浣碧)
In the palace, if you have ability, you survive. If you survive being used, then you will have the chance to take advantage of others.
7. 别人帮你,那是情分。不帮你,那是本分。(甄嬛)
You are blessed if others help you, but they are not obliged to.
8. 不偏爱,懂节制,方得长久。(皇后)
No favoritism, no excesses, one will last.
9.这会咬人的狗,不叫。(曹贵人)
A barking dog never bites.