| 小学 | 中考 | 高考 | 自考 | 成教 | 考研 | 外语考试 | 资格考试 | 英语教学 | 学生习作 | 论文写作 | 信息服务 | 下载中心 | 知心港湾
| 英语 | 语文 | 英语 | 动态 | 成考 | 英语 | 职称外语 | 教师资格 | 大学英语 | 写作指南 | 本科论文 | 招聘就业 | 听力 MP3 | 网络精品
 当前位置:网站首页 > 外语考试 > 翻译资格 > 浏览正文
研究:女性每天至少“嫌弃”自己8次(英汉对照)
www.hrexam.com   更新时间:2016-01-11 点击: 【字体: 】 加入收藏 关闭本页
 研究:女性每天至少“嫌弃”自己8次
Women criticise themselves at least 8 times a day
 
来源:中国日报网 
 
The average woman criticises herself at least eight times a day, a study has found.
研究显示,普通女性每天至少会“嫌弃”自己八次。
 
A worrying trend of negativity among women was revealed by a survey of 2,000 women - with one in seven women admitting to criticising themselves regularly throughout their day.
这项由2000名女性参加的调查显示出女性群体令人担忧的消极自我认知:七分之一的女性承认自己每天都会时不时地“嫌弃”自己。
 
Most of those surveyed wanted to lose weight, and image-based criticisms were by far the most prevalent.
大部分受访女性表示想要减肥——就目前看来,针对个人形象的“自我嫌弃”是最普遍的。
 
Not earning enough money and deliberately deflecting compliments were other common put-downs.
“嫌自己赚钱不多”以及“有意曲解他人的称赞”是其他几个常见的自我贬低方式。
 
Selfies and social media platforms such as Instagram were blamed as being a driving force behind today's visual culture.
自拍和诸如Instagram等社交媒体平台被认为是当今“看脸”文化的始作俑者。
 
Women are bombarded with images of perfection while at the same time expected to balance both working lives and family lives, which experts concluded led to women's critical relationships with themselves.
女性不断受到完美女人形象的视觉轰炸,并同时承受着平衡好工作和家庭的期待。专家们认为:正是这些现实因素导致了女性对自身的不满。
 
Lifestyle judgements were also found to be prevalent, including not earning enough money or having the 'right' job.
同样普遍的是她们对自己生活方式的不满,比如收入不高,对目前工作不满意等等。
 
'Today's hectic and visually-driven world has meant that we're seeing a rise in women being self-critical, from the way they look to the way they feel at work,' said Zoe Griffiths, Head of Public Health and Programme at Weight Watchers, which conducted the survey.
国际减肥协会公共卫生和计划主管佐伊·格里菲斯是本次调查的负责人。她表示:“在这个快节奏的看脸的世界,无论是在外形长相上还是工作状态方面,越来越多的女性开始自我否定。”
 
'Our research has shown that being unkind to ourselves has been an underlying theme for women for many years, but a set of very modern cultural conditions have increased the intensity of this unkindness which are hard to avoid.
“研究表明,女性更倾向于苛求自身,多年来这个问题一直存在。但当代文化现状导致这种无法避免的严苛进一步加深了。”
 
'At Weight Watchers we know that to adopt a healthy lifestyle it is important to build a better relationship with yourself in order to make a positive change.'
“通过国际减肥协会我们知道,为了实现健康的生活方式、达到积极的改变,我们应该与自身建立良好的关系。”
 
The findings also showed that women begin berating themselves early in the day, with almost half of those surveyed - 46 per cent - admitting to criticising themselves at least once before 9.30am.
调查结果还显示,女性从早晨就开始了自我责备:近一半(46%)的调查对象承认,自己每天上午9点半前至少会自责一次。
 
What's more, the study found that 42 per cent of women admitted to never complimenting themselves, while the remainder gave themselves a positive thought or 'pat on the back' just once a day.
此外,研究发现42%的女性从未赞美过自己,而剩下58%的女性每天只会对自己赞扬或鼓励一次。
 
The bursts of self-criticism are most common when looking in a mirror or out clothes shopping, with a concerning 60 per cent of women admitting to having days where they felt they criticised themselves constantly throughout the day.
当她们照镜子或逛街买衣服时,“自我嫌弃”的情绪往往会达到峰值。60%的女性承认总会有那么几天,她们整天都觉得自己这也不对、那也不对。
 
The research was conducted as part of WomanKind, a nationwide campaign that explores why modern women are unkind to themselves and how they can counter the habit.
该研究是“WomanKind”组织推出的系列活动的一部分。WomanKind旨在探索当代女性为何难以与自己“和解”,以及她们如何克服这一习惯性行为。
 
THE 20 MOST COMMON WAYS THAT A WOMAN CRITICISES HERSELF
女性“嫌弃”自己的20种常见方式
 
1. You're too fat/overweight
太胖了/超重了
 
2. Your hair is a mess
头发乱糟糟的
 
3. Your belly looks big
肚子上赘肉太多
 
4. You don't do enough exercise
运动不足
 
5. Feeling scruffy next to other women
在其他女人旁边感觉自己太邋遢了
 
6. Not earning enough money
收入不高
 
7. You say you are having a 'fat day'
一天都在懊恼自己太胖
 
8. Not wearing certain items of clothing because you think you can't pull it off
不敢穿某类衣服,觉得自己驾驭不了那种款式
 
9. You wish you were as photogenic as other women on social media
希望自己像社交媒体上的其他女性一样上相
 
10. You deflect compliments by saying something negative about yourself
受到称赞后故意说贬低自己的话来转移赞美
 
11. You worry people are talking about you behind your back
担心别人在背后议论自己
 
12. Feeling underdressed
感觉自己穿的太朴素
 
13. I'm not stylish enough
一点儿都不时尚
 
14. You don't have sex with your partner enough
和伴侣的性生活次数不够多
 
15. You aren't as creative as other women
不像其他女人那么有创意
 
16. Your bum looks big
屁股太大
 
17. You aren't as organised as other women
不像其他女人那样整理东西井井有条
 
18. You don't spend as much time with your friends as you should
跟闺蜜在一起的时间太少
 
19. You're not wearing enough make-up
妆容不够精致
 
20. You aren't attractive to your partner
对伴侣没有吸引力
 
Vocabulary
hectic:忙碌的
berate:严责;申斥
photogenic:上照的;适于摄影的
 
热点推荐
温家宝2012政府工作报告摘要(英汉对照)
“微心理”你懂多少?
制胜必看:职场女性应该具备的五种魅力
《CCTV经济生活大调查》数据大揭秘
国家公务员面试考生备考时必做三件事
2010年新年感恩与祝福FLASH祝贺新年快乐!
大中华区总裁孙振耀退休感言
全国校园网主页汇总
大一新生英语学习规划书
我们这个时代的尴尬(中英对照)
新概念英语第四册文本及MP3下载
新概念英语第三册文本及mp3下载
新概念英语第二册文本及听力下载
新概念英语第一册文本及听力下载
自信是怎样炼成的
最近更新
邹申讲2016年TEM 4&8 题型改革
心理漫谈 | 所谓努力,不是用来感动你自
研究生常用的十八大学术搜索引擎
2015年10大网络热词英文翻译(通用版+恶搞
沮丧时安慰人心的11句话(英汉对照)
123个常见中国成语英译
研究:女性每天至少“嫌弃”自己8次(英
励志!2016年要做更好的自己(英汉对照)
周国平:教育成不成功,就看你能否激发学
梁漱溟:思考问题的八层境界
雅思词汇每天学:超市海产类词汇
托福雅思考试必备36组同义高频词汇
终身受用的世界顶级思维
摆脱困境如何做?戒去这十条陋习(英汉对
2015高考英语作文题目及参考范文(新课标
内容导航 | 邮箱系统 | 我要留言 | 广告合作 | 与我联系 | 站长信息 | 常见问题 | 关于本站 | 本站旧版
Copyright © 2002 - 2009 hrexam.com. All Rights Reserved